What you will do and who you are
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to join our Search team and help our millions of users efficiently find what they truly need or quickly get rid of what they no longer require. Search is the entry point for the vast majority of our users and a central element of Leboncoin.You would join a passionate cross-functional team, deeply invested in both tech and product aspects. We are the primary users of the services we develop. You will be involved in the entire feature development process, working closely with Backend engineers, front-end developers, and many other internal teams.As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will contribute to the maintenance and development of the ML services that enhance and personalise the user search experience. By joining the Data Science guild, you will also have the opportunity to contribute to cross-cutting topics, learn, and share best practices within your expertise. You will frequently communicate in English with Adevinta group teams.Here are some topics you could work on :
- Suggest, implement, and A/B test a new version of user search personalization: adding new signals or new modalities, or testing different model architecture, embedding sizes, algorithms...
- In collaboration with Backend Engineers, experiment with an alternative technology that would allow us to iterate and recover faster.
- Work on the ML development pipelines to increase automation, improve fault tolerance, monitoring, and observability.
- Revamp the auto-completion system to extend it with new features (better handling of typos, handling of acronyms...) to improve our KPIs at a reasonable cost.
- Proactively looking for ML ways to tackle our user pain points.
We are looking for someone who is accustomed to tackling challenging problems from an ML point of view, from data exploration to delivering models in production. You dream in SQL, Athena is not a god to you; notebooks and plotting libraries are your friends, as much as TensorFlow/PyTorch, Kubeflow, MLflow, Airflow, and Kubernetes (or should quickly become so).As we are hiring an experienced engineer, we expect you to actively contribute to data debates and architecture choices, offering potentially strong opinions as long as they come with pragmatism. You are curious, learn quickly, and strive for autonomy. We would be delighted if you show us how to improve what we do, take initiatives, and propose innovative solutions.You probably have a few years of experience in a similar role, but we are less interested in the duration than in your achievements. We are interested in learning about what you have worked on, how it was done, and why it was successful.Ideally, you already have experience in the information retrieval field from a Deep/Machine Learning point of view.
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including stock purchase plan and annual bonus plans
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office depending on each team.
- 'Work from anywhere' weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- EN: Lunch tickets, 25 days holiday + 10/12 extra paid holidays called RTT, Summer bonus (=1% of base salary, paid in July); FR: Une carte titres-resto, 25 jours de vacances + 10/12 RTT, Prime vacance (=1% du salaire de base, versée en juillet)